Tuesday, September 18
(The picture shows Bach's original manuscript for the Credo section of his B Minor Mass. Click on it for a larger view.)
Ever since I became acquainted with the "Credo" from Bach's Mass in B Minor, I've tried to determine what my credo is. What do I believe? Here is a not-very-serious but absolutely-for-sure list of some things I believe.
• Always keep your sense of humor.
• Take your work seriously but don't take yourself seriously.
• Never make a decision at night. (Grandpa Ray)
• If you can't sleep, turn your pillow over so the cool side is up. (Grandpa Ray)
• There's always time to go to the bathroom.
• You get what you pay for.
• The secret of life is enjoying the passage of time.
• Take time for quiet time, also known as "To keep crisp, reroll inner bag." (Kellogg's Rice Krispies box)
• Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great Battle. (Philo of Alexandria, philosopher)