"Credo" means "I believe." It's a part of Mass, at least Mass as I know it, which is sung Mass. Particularly Bach's "Mass in B Minor," which belongs on any list of my favorite things in life. Here are some of the words I live by, from the quotidian to the hearfelt.
"I play it cool and dig all jive
That's the reason I stay alive.
My motto, as I live and learn,
Is dig and be dug in return."
- There's always time to go to the bathroom.
- You get what you pay for.
- "Laugh hard, hang tough, lend a hand."
- Non scholae sed vitae discimus--Seneca
"We learn not for school, but for life."
- Wisdom from the e-mail signature of a co-worker:
Life is short! Break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile. Leave the rest to god.
OK, I can go with that.
I'll return to this thought in later posts.